Monday, November 26, 2007

Sorry




so, so, sorry to have turned my back and let this place go for almost two months. I am terrible. Everything just got so busy all of a sudden....all of the things to do outside before cold weather set in, things for work, just so much stuff. So now everything is put to bed outside. Things that needed to get in the ground before freezing temps set have been comfy now for awhile. Seeds were saved (although some San Marzano seeds still have to be mailed), pots and birdbaths and patio furniture were put away, plants brought inside....everything on the list has been crossed off.
And then Thanksgiving. Oy. I hope everyone had a nice one. Mine was nice. A lot of work for people I'm not quite convinced appreciate it, but nice. And the neices helped me put up the tree and all the decorations last Friday. So I"m all ready to go for the holidays and it isn't even December yet!

11 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Rule #1: Never, ever apologize for not posting to your blog.

That said, it's so good to hear from ya! :)

3:21 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Love that photo of your hens....when hens look like that, all is well in the world.

...and glad to hear that all is well in your world- and that you were just-- "winterizing"

3:21 PM  
Blogger El said...

Yay! You're back! (And don't sweat the seeds. I have lots of orange stocked up for you, though...)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

It is good to hear from you, Meresy, but Liz is right.

I always liked the line from Mary Poppins:
I'd like to make one thing quite clear: I never explain anything.

The hens are a beautiful color.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

6:53 PM  
Blogger Kitt said...

Yay! You're back! Missed your posts. But don't apologize; just glad you're well and keeping busy!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Rurality said...

Shiny Brite! Love it. :)

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

troGlad to hear you have everything tucked in for the winter. Up here, we did that awhile ago.

Those are pretty chickens, what kind are they?

I think I will start getting out my Christmas things on December 1st. Usually I do a little bit a day, until I like the way the house looks. Except for my old santas, most of our decorations are natural.

6:35 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Nice to have you back!! Your fall routine sounds very much like mine - it's always nice to finally have it all done.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Vintage decorations it looks like there! Love it. I think we finally came up with the photo (from the yard) for the Christmas cards, so now I can think about the other decorations. I enjoy creating the cards and thinking about all the recipients as we prepare them. We'll see how far we get with decorations this year, though.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

I love fuzzy chicken butts! :) Great shot and enjoy your days however you see fit.

10:02 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Ha! Chicken butts pic! Glad you're back.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home