Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
An approximate 3 year break
Things that have happened during my "blog vacation"!
I almost got a divorce, but then didn't. And somehow I now see that I'm married to a pretty awesome man. And maybe it was because I didn't see his awesomeness before or maybe it was because our near meltdown made him want to be a little more awesome. But it doesn't really matter how we got where we are, just that we are here.
I lost interest in a lot of things I used to love and now am interested in them again (otherwise known as depression).
I went on an airplane for the first time ever....to Germany.
I had a brief involvment with Facebook before I came to the realization that Facebook is.....stupid. And shallow. And should go away.
One of my beloved dogs died suddenly causing me to have do an abrupt inventory on how much time I was spending doing things I didn't really love (hint: approx. 40 hours per week).
I got a new dog to lift the flagging spirits of my existing "pack".....my husband, our dog chessie, and our two cats....although jury is still out on whether cats actually had flagging spirits....very hard to tell with cats.
I begin a new journey to figure out how to fill my days with things that make me happy....things I enjoy doing.....things people will pay me for.....I know, such a cliched mid-life crisis thing going on here.
My comment sections have been slowly filled with erectile dysfunction spam.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
More field pictures
Monday, September 15, 2008
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
But here is an "I'm okay" post and thanks for all the emails and comments of concern. I just got back from 2 weeks at the beach, which was totally awesome. And I pretty much know where I want to be now. I just have to work up the courage to make the trip from here to there.
For some reason I'm into lists lately. Well, that is a lie. I've always been into lists, they help keep me sane and organized. I mean lists for no reason.
Things that have been making me smile lately:
- tomatoes - because who can really be glum when eating a bowl of tomatoes with fresh basil and thick balsamic and good olive oil and salty olives?
- banana pudding - I had for the first time a sour cream banana pudding made by Connor's Market in Buxton, NC and it was one of those moments when you eat something and everything gets all shiny and tingly and I think I actually laughed out loud because it was that good. Hard to believe, but it was. Banana Pudding! With Nilla Wafers! They only had it one day out of the week and the nice lady behind the deli counter shared her recipe, so I'll try my hand at it soon.
- The Republican Party imploding.
- A sign on a conservation district building on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.....it said "Keepin' it rural since 1963." haha. keepin' it rural.
- Little girls in kayaks that swore they would never, ever get in a kayak. Let alone check a crab trap or reach down into an underwater grass bed to pick up a scallop.
So I'll keep in touch. And thanks Pete, I had forgotten all about Mr. Hartman. I am power!
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
And my newest friend. This toad has decided to live in one of the flower pots on the front porch. He is there every day and then climbs out (the top of the pot is adjacent to a step) and is on the flagstones every evening. This pot has pansies and johnny-jump-ups in it so I'm not sure what he'll do when I change over to something a little more heat tolerant. I will keep his needs in mind though. Something to shade him during the day and keep him cool. Perhaps some big leafy sun coleus?