Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Moving on



I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was nice but I'm sort of glad it's all over. Every year just seems a little more rushed and hectic than the last. Or maybe that is just me. I almost want to just celebrate Solstice instead because that makes the biggest difference in my life. The mood elevation from just knowing that daylight will increase gradually each and every day for the next six months is amazing. I still like New Years though. No gifts, not much craziness (we don't even stay up for it anymore). Just a sense of a clean slate and a new beginning. What will 2008 be like? What do I want it to be? Things to ponder in the waning days of '07.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kitt said...

Happy New Year, Meresy.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm always glad it's over! ;)

Actually, this year I enjoyed Christmas a lot: good friends, good food, and no presents. It was a first!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like we will be celebrating New Year's the same way!

Happy Clean Slate Day!

I love that, and agree about the solstice.

Sandy

1:49 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

My thoughts exactly. It was as if someone put this year on a quicker speed, and I never caught up. I need the sunshine, the light (not that we don't have that all year, but more so in Spring). And I love the first day of the year and the clean slate feeling.

8:44 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Yeah, I like the clean slate possibilities too. And knowing the days are longer helps me get through January big time - but isn't it funny how I don't dwell on the days getting shorter after June 21st...

Happy 2008!!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always relieved when the holidays are over.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home