Friday, July 07, 2006

odds and ends

I got my hair cut last night. I love having my hair cut. I probably only do it about twice or three times a year. I have a pretty simple cut and I wear my hair shoulder length or longer, so it looks okay for awhile. Sometimes I cut it myself. Usually I bring in a picture of what I want my hair to look like. Last time I brought in a picture of Martha Stewart getting on the plane as she got out of prison. Before that I brought in a very small picture cut out of my husbands Playboy (I know, ewwww, but the articles ARE really good)...I believe it was a College Coeds edition. This girl had super cute hair. I had to tell the stylist not to turn it over, because there were b-r-e-a-s-t-s on the back of it. Last night I asked for something that I could blow out if I wanted, but would also look good allowed to air dry, while I am speeding to work with the windows down, that I kind of can pull back if I'm working outside and will look good in curls. I have naturally curly hair, well wavy hair that gets insanely curly in the humidity. If I go to bed with a wet head on a humid night (remember, no AC), I wake up as Shirley Temple.

Anyway, my stylist knows that I am a sucker for things that smell good. If she uses it and it smells good, I will buy it. Last night she used this Smoothing Lusterizer and oh my God it smelled so good. It actually got me out of bed earlier this morning because I couldn't wait to use it. It smells like the red popsicles, the twinpops? Or cherry Kool-Aid. I love it. It was expensive but it was worth it.

Tonight will be my local meal 2. Pictures forthcoming. Local chicken, marinated in Gazebo Room Dressing, a tomato salad featuring my homegrown Basil, tomatoes from Washington Boro, PA, not-so-fresh mozarella left over from the farmers market this weekend, and sliced kalamata olives (Liz said they are a condiment), and skillet corn cooked in local bacon fat and sprinkled with bacon. Yum. If there are any black raspberries left, that will be desert. I do have green beans left from the other night. I roasted them. Pretty good. Tossed them with olive oil and balsamic, roasted at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. I'm running out of things to do with green beans. Maybe I will make dilly beans over the weekend. I believe every single dill seed I planted came up and it is time to harvest the garlic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

What? No picture of the cute new haircut? bummer. ;)
I am seriously overdue for one... it's been over a year for me. The cut she gave me was so good that it looked nice at every length from chin to longer-than-shoulder. She really shouldn't do that... it's bad for the bottom line.

Your meal sounds awesome... can't wait to see a picture!

2:35 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Yeah, people like you and me aren't running to the salon every 6 weeks. So they really shouldn't give cuts that look good for a loooonnngggg time.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home