Tuesday, August 23, 2005

One cheesesteak away

So I got to hang out with Governor Rendell last night at the Etown fair. It was interesting. I've never seen anyone eat that much crap. Every stand holder that served food was giving him stuff, and most things he left for other people. But if it was greasy, he ate it. Our democrat stand was right next to one of those Butterfly Potato stands. If you've never seen them, they are thinly sliced potatoes, deep fried, and slathered with cheese. They are served in enormous, teetering piles. They look good although I have never tried them. Being fat makes you reticent to be seen in public with an enormous, teetering pile of deep-fried anything. One of the members of the Democratic club brought their little girl and at approx. 6pm they bought her a teetering pile as her dinner. She didn't finish it and it sat on the edge of the table for the next two and a half hours. Greasy, cheesey, nasty, cold potatoes exposed to fair germs for two and a half hours. So Rendell shows up at 8:30. He chats, takes photgraphs with all of us and then moves on, but as he is moving from behind our booth I see his hand shoot out towards the greasy, cheesey, nasty, cold, formerly teetering pile and take a big old handful and cram it in his mouth. For a split second I thought of grabbing his hand, preventing him from making this mistake. But I decided against it. I wish I could know exactly what he was thinking when that food hit his mouth and he realized how gross it was. But then maybe he didn't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home