Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm so unoriginal

Okay, I lifted the "20 random things about me" meme from Liz's Pocket Farm blog. Lets see how random I can get

1. I am afraid of monkeys
2. I have never flown in an airplane
3. I hate the word pod
4. I am becoming cheaper as I get older
5. My entire bedroom is white and there are empty picture frames on the walls
6. I give my husband pretend haircuts as he falls to sleep because he enjoys it
7. I bite my dogs on the muzzle (not hard) and they love it. Supposedly, it shows dominance and love at the same time.
8. I can recite the entire poem "The Jabberwocky" from Alice in Wonderland
9. I collect vintage aprons
10. I unconsciously count with my fingers
11. I want a pond
12. I am disappointed that I have never seen a snake in my yard and sincerely hope that someday I do, even though I am scared of them. I equate the presence of snakes to a healthy ecosystem
13. I still occasionally watch Sesame Street, even though it just isn't the same. It jumped the shark when they introduced Elmo.
14. I took in a picture of Martha Stewart the last time I had my hair cut.
15. I had the remnants of a security blanket up until 4 years ago. My husband sucked it up in the vaccuum cleaner and I was too embarassed to dig it out of the bag. I still miss it sometimes.
16. My first car was a 1974 Super Beetle and I can still remember the way it smelled inside.
17. I hate being cold.
18. My husband built the first fire of the year last night and I loved it. It almost made the coming of winter seem good.
19. I don't like wearing socks and put it off as long as possible.
20. I sleep naked and buy very expensive sheets

6 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

That was so incredibly random. Monkeys huh? Veddy interesting.
Not to make you jealous, but I have both a pond and snakes.

1:11 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Yeah, monkeys. They don't even have to be real ones. I once went on a house tour where a 'garden' room was decorated entirely in monkeys....monkey lamps, monkey pillows, monkey fabric on the windows, on the chairs, monkey stencils, even a real monkey paw ashtray (which are illegal, but maybe it was old) and I couldn't stand it. I quickly exited and waited for my friends in the hall. My heart was racing. What kind of snakes do you have? I am jealous. How big is your pond. Can you swim in it? YOu are lucky.

1:30 PM  
Blogger EFB said...

I remember driving in your Super Beetle on the way to school listening to the Bronsky Beat. I felt so cool. How random is that.

3:12 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Haha. Why did it make you feel cool? That is funny. I loved that car. Remember your rabbit? There is always a special bond between old VW owners. My mom sold that car for $25. It needed a starter and I was in college and couldn't get to it right away and she was tired of having it in the driveway. I bought a case of beer and a pizza with the money. It was the beginning of when I started to suspect she secretly hated me. Later, my brother stored multiple cars in various stages of repair, leaking oil, for years at a time and she never said a word.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I drove a VW Fox, and cried all day when it got totalled in an accident. Damn, I loved that car.
The pond is about an acre, and inhabited by muskrats and beavers. And probably leeches, so there's no swimming going on there, but it's nice to look at. I guess we mostly have garter & ribbon snakes. They hide in the woodpile.

6:59 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Ohhhh...you are so lucky. You have muskrats and beavers!!!! Once I was standing in a wetland, perfectly still, taking some notes, and a muskrat came out right in front of me and didn't notice me. I watched him for 20 minutes, cleaning himself, playing, just swimming around having fun. He was so cute. Then I moved and he looked embarassed and swam back in his den. I'll never forget that. Do you have a rowboat that you float about in? I would if I had a 1 acre pond. How cool.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home