Wednesday, October 19, 2005

pot pourri

Can you tell I'm all charged up about Plamegate???? I can barely concentrate. My garlic came in the mail the other day. Three beautiful bulbs each of Chet's Italian and Romanian Red. I need to get them in the ground soon. Hopefully this weekend. This weekend will be a busy one, what with two kids staying with me and making applesauce, and planting stuff. And I think I may have promised a corn maze. I can't remember but I'm sure I will be reminded. Oh, and watercolor with still life of pumpkins and gourds. Can't forget that. Maybe we'll do plein air and they can paint pumpkins whilst i plant garlic. Or they can paint me planting garlic...a la Millet's 'The Gleaners' . And my campaign stuff is furiously building (running for twp. supervisor), so I'm spending a ton of time from now until the 8th doing lit. drops, and door to door, and phone stuff....ughh...I don't like being this busy. Anyway, here are two neat pictures I have at my desk that I thought were interesting and some of you might like. They are from a few years ago on vacation, but one offers a view of an egret that you don't often see.

This picture creeps me out for some reason. Remember Beaker from the Muppet Show. It reminds me of him and I was always a little freaked out by that muppet.









This was a very curious and borderline pushy
Great egret (Ardea alba). We would fish off
the end of this dock and if you had bait, he (she)
would absolutely not leave you alone.
Which was a little scary, cause this bird
was fairly large.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Ugh. I really have to get my garlic in. But after all our rain, the ground is so mucky, that I have to wait a little to drain out.

I love that you heard 22 indictments, but where? I can't find anything yet.

3:37 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Daily Kos is pretty much on top of this thing 24-7. It's full holiday regalia over there. Fitmas carols and everything. This stuff I'm seeing is all leaks from 'someone close to the investigation', but they (daily kos bloggers) usually are right on the money. Another guy (Wurmser) has flipped and is singing like a canary, and gossip is Stephen Hadley is informing his friends and family that he will be indicted so they don't see it on the news. It must be coming soon!!!!!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home