Thursday, December 22, 2005

Field Day














I went to see a future bridge replacement. I looked at wetlands and habitat and stream substrate and aquatic macroinvertebrates. The day was fairly nice but the water was very cold (I had to pick up and measure rocks from the stream bottom). This bridge is in Ephrata Borough in Lancaster County.














This is an old mill near the bridge. It is owned by Ephrata Borough and has been restored. I wish I new what they used it for. The stonework was beautiful.



























Chickadees and Robins were hopping everywhere. They were eating the fruit of Tartarian Honeysuckle along the banks of Cocalico Creek. This one came fairly close



















Tons of Sycamores along the banks and in the floodplain. My favorite tree, especially in wintertime.













And for Judith, a picture of my very first crochet project. My super warm hat. The picture is kind of washed out so it's hard to see that perfect stitchery. Just kidding. There is a soon-to-be-done matching scarf also. All around, a good day int the field.

4 Comments:

Blogger EFB said...

I love stone buildings like that. What a nice way to do work. I'm stuck behind a computer all day.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Beautiful pictures. I love sycamores too, but unfortunately they don't grow up here.
Great job on the hat!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Meredith! Pictures! And a beautiful & warm hat that you made. Very proud of you. I can't wait to see the scarf. You done good. (PS Neat bridge!)

9:26 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

yes, pictures with the work camera. I swear after christmas there will be a digital camera purchased. I have buyers paranoia at the moment. Looking at a Canon Powershot (I think thats what it is called), but still need to do more research. I really want to do pictures. We also need to update our home computer. Looking at Apple, but again, will happen after the holidays.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home