Monday, December 19, 2005

seven songs

I've been tagged by Liz to list seven songs I'm into right now. I'm not sure I can name seven. yesterday when I was cleaning, I donned an apron and hung out with Al Green, Nat King Cole, Billy Holiday, and Jimmy Cliff, which was fun, but that's all old stuff. This will be hard.

Here are the instructions: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Okay, after much deliberation, here are my seven songs.

1. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. off Demon Days. Don't ask my why. This is totally not my style of music, but when I hear it on the radio, I always turn it up and it makes me smile.

2. Billy Bragg - Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards

3. Billy Bragg - There is power in a union

4. The Maytals - Pressure Drop, from the Harder They Come soundtrack

5. Jimmy Cliff - You can get it you really want, also from the Harder They Come soundtrack

6. Billy Holiday - Strange Fruit

7. Billy Squire - Christmas is the time to say I love you, from some silly 80s christmas compilation.

What a weird list. I don't have seven people to tag, so I tag only Judith.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear, I am visiting Meredith & see my name posted. I better pay attention. This might save me from thinking of something else to post...hmmm. I'll do the homework. I like your weird list, Meredith. I can only imagine mine--it'll be weird.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home