Tuesday, January 03, 2006

To do list for 2006

Here are some things I'd like to get done, or at least do more of, in 2006

1. Lose weight (duh)
2. bake more bread (which really isn't conducive to #1)
3. really concentrate on eating local (could help with #1, especially the next few months)
4. plant more trees. Not namby-pamby ornamentals, but the big guys....Oaks, Hickories, Beeches, Sycamores, etc. Who plants these anymore? I may even plant some in other people's yards (with their permission). I want to be a one-woman legacy planting machine.....Somebody gimme some seedlings!
5. consume less, re-use more
6. become more politically active
7. have a really good garden and grow stuff I haven't before
8. Plant some really old roses
9. Enter a ton of categories in the Elizabethtown Fair this year
10. Live in the moment more. I am always looking forward to the next thing and not really living the now thing. Particularly in terms of seasons. I have a whole new outlook on winter because of this Thoreau quote (and dude knew some cold winters) "Live in each season as it passes. Breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit and resign yourself to the influences of each."
11. Reconnect to people I've lost along the way. 2005 saw some really good friends 'found' and even some long-lost dear family members contacted, so hopefully this trend will continue.

1 Comments:

Blogger EFB said...

I can relate to 10 and 11.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home