Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I can't wait to be hot again


Just a few shots from last year, in warmer times. The flower bed picture is from the end of March though, so it won't be long.


Chickens will be glad to loll in the sun and to have bugs to eat again.


And I seriously can't wait for homegrown fruits and vegetables. *sigh* I transplanted the lettuce and stock seed growing in the greenhouse window on Sunday. And noticed two tiny little tomatoes on the plant. They looked oblong, so perhaps a roma tomato. Yum. I think I need a real greenhouse.
The other day I made this sweet and sour red cabbage recipe. I could eat it for days and days and not get tired of it. But maybe that is just me. It uses balsamic vinegar, and given a good quality balsamic, I could do shots of it. That is how much I like balsamic vinegar. This recipe was really really easy and really really good. Actually, most everything I find on Simply Recipes is good. I also made this tuna noodle casserole recently. I was craving something 'comfort foody' and hadn't had it in years. I added another can of Cream of Mushroom as it wasnt' quite as creamy as I wanted. Very good. But not something you might want to make very often as it involves a crushed potato chip crust. Whisks you right back to those casserole days of your youth.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Kreussling (Flatbush Gardener) said...

I had no idea that chickens "lolled"!

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I with you on the basalmic vinegar - I could drink the stuff from the bottle! Could luck on the seedlings - can't wait to see garden and I'll have to give that recipe a try.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And to go barefoot... god, how I long to be able to go around barefoot again!

10:41 PM  
Blogger wurwolf said...

Your lolling chicken is adorable. :o)

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home