Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A moment


On Sunday afternoon, I stood in my kitchen making tuna salad for lunch. It was almost 80 degrees and all of the windows were open, the curtains fluttering in the breeze. The kitty was asleep in the sun coming through the laundry room door and the house was filled with the song of the white-throated sparrow sitting in the holly tree just out from the kitchen window. The tulips were just starting to open and everything is just so very green. I was overcome by spring at that moment. I love love love this time of year.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look so beautiful there together under the tree. Don't you just love how blue the sky is?! BTW...who's the mutley in the back right corner? I spot mutleys from miles away =) Thanks for sharing your part of the world with us.

7:21 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Your tulips are beautiful - and what a lovely setting! I have spring fever just from reading your post. I love going out this time of year - there is always something new either pushing up thru the dirt or blooming. So fun.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful... what a lovely post. :)

8:39 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

I don't care what the calendar tells us about "when spring arrives"...for me, it is in a moment like you beautifully described...and I think it is different for each one of us.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

And now it's freezing again. :o( Spring is so fickle.

8:25 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Mutley in the corner is Chessie. A dog that is very very grateful for sunny warm days. SHe can lay in the sun for hours. Emmett doesn't feel the same way.

It is funny how it is so suprising every year. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a place where spring isn't such a change. Where it is maybe a barely perceptible change in the weather.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

What a lovely post... just reading it I felt a soft, fresh breeze drift over me and my blood pressure dropped by several points I'm sure. Thank you!

Bev

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty, that looks like a greeting card photo. I am looking forward to a day like that, hopefully within the next month.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home