Saturday, March 10, 2007

busy, busy, busy


Out in the field for the next several days. Have to watch PENNDOT put up a habitat fence around some wetlands that may contain bog turtles (endangered species), so won't be around. Hopefully I'll get so see a turtle or two, but it would have to get really warm for that I'm afraid.
Tomorrow I'm starting tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants and hopefully it will be nice enough to be outside most of the day, clean things up a bit. And next weekend I'll get peas, onions, and potatoes in the ground. St. Patricks Day is the day around here! So much to do. Once it starts, it steamrolls you and it seems there isn't a break until next fall.

My orange pansies from last year are shown. Nobody has them here yet, but its only a matter of time. Can.not.wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger El said...

My mom adores pansies. And St. Patrick's Day, too, so I *hope* to get out and plant peas AND FAVAS next Sat. before she has us all over. In the meantime, though, we are treading water, quite literally. The snow is melting but going nowhere with all this clay soil. SIGH. I am glad for raised beds!

Good luck working outside tomorrow.

And good luck seeing a turtle or two! I saw two frogs in my pond today...and it was iced over 2 days ago. Little buggers wake up fast.

7:43 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Oh I hope you get to see a turtle!

I will be waiting until April Fool's to plant my peas (if not I will wait until "tax" day)...

I saw pansies planted at a rest area on I 95, south of Baltimore...and they were all FROZEN! Poor things, they will be ripped out and replaced...but what a shame....

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home