Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm back!





Well, bless your hearts. I am so sorry to have worried anyone. You are all such dears for worrying about me. I am fine and all is well. I was vacationing on Hatteras for two weeks and before that, a fellow coworker was leaving after 15 years and bestowing me with mucho work and instruction, and then I just got back from a few days in Connecticut for work. So, whew! Two thirds of the east coast in a short amount of time.






But I am back and fully recharged and ready to accept that it is pretty nearly fall and summer is over and I'm okay with that, honest I am. Okay, not really. When I saw what appeared to be trees with leaves that WERE CHANGING!!!!.........along I-95 in Connecticut, I really wanted to believe that they were diseased or something instead, because, heh, it is entirely too early for that stuff yet. I'm still getting used to the absence of haze and the odd crystal clear quality of the light and the fact that I can no longer pull weeds at 9 p.m., or 8p.m., or really even 7p.m. anymore for that matter. And people, it is so NOT TIME FOR PUMPKINS YET!!!!!!






So now I have to go back and read several weeks of y'alls blogs (see, two weeks down south does that to a person) and catch up. And I do have much to say and lots of pictures to share and I swear I will be better about posting.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kitt said...

It's about time! I'm glad you got some relaxing in with all that busyness. Ain't the beach grand?

1:54 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Beyond grand. An immense stress-sucking entity that warms your skin and gives you highlights and smells really good. It feels strange to have shoes on again.

2:05 PM  
Blogger El said...

Why, welcome back. I just figured you were too pooped from all that lying around!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

yeay! meresy is back! (i hope you left some sand in your shoes...just in case you miss the beach, which you will)

Nice photo with the door...

3:38 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Welcome back! Two weeks at the beach sounds like heaven to me - can't wait to hear all about it. The photos you posted here are beautiful!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured out where you were. Remember a while back you bought that bathing suit? And, I knew you went to the beach every year. Sounds like you had a refreshing time, and that is what vacation is all about.

We have frost warnings for inland valleys tonight, and I saw a pumpkin on a porch last weekend. IT is here!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Lovely photos (esp that first one). I'm so glad to hear you had a fabulous vacation... welcome back! :)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you were someplace fun and relaxing... but sorry to hear that you have to get used to wearing shoes again. What a bummer. (My idea of heaven includes no shoes. Ever.) :)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Glad you're back -- I figured you were on vacation. :o)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home