Monday, October 31, 2005

and a new obsession begins....

Not exactly a new obsession, but another thing to add to my list of things I want to try/learn/master.....in addition to chicken keeping, bee keeping, knitting/crocheting.....I can add cheese making. After doing a little research on the raw milk subject, turns out raw milk makes fabulous cheese. How cool! I have a newly found source of raw milk right down the road from me. Turns out Pennsylvania is one of only 24 states where raw milk sales are legal. Apparently there is quite a black market for raw milk. Anyway, after reading a few recipes, I figure I can easily manage farmer cheese or feta or maybe even mozarella. Maybe I could even get the husband interested in this endeavor. How fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss raw milk and cheeses, walking the hills and taking milk out of cows i knew would not kick me for being a bit fresh with them. No way I'll try it in America though. I am not informed enough, but somehow it sounds like these poor cows are nothing, but walking carcases full of antibiotics and all sorts of other stuff.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home