Thursday, February 16, 2006

Begonias

This is the Champagne Begonia. I am smitten with this plant. I have never had the desire to grow a Begonia before, but as soon as I saw this, I knew I had to have it. The flowers look like you could eat them. And I have the perfect place it. It will look stunning in several pots on the front porch, which gets a little morning sun and has a trellis covering. The only thing is, to get them started, you need to plant the bulbs in shallow pots three months ahead of time and sprout them in a 70 degree room. Will a 65 degree room work? I'm not jacking up the thermostat for a plant. Does anyone have experience growing Begonias? I so want this plant on my front porch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Conduct said...

My only experience with begonia bulbs was death. :( But I didn't know about the whole sprouting them inside business.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful plant but I know nothing about taking care of this one. Some plants I stand in amazement & admiration & this is one of them. I can see it on your porch...

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home