Friday, March 31, 2006

spring has sprung




















The grass has ris (actually that's garlic below) and I don't know the rest of this rhyme.















Fields across the street will be emerald green with corn in a few months.















Daffodils and Sweet Woodruff popping up everywhere. Hostas will soon fill the space.
















Better to have a bleeding heart than no heart at all. Especially a super-big red one that will practically fill up a bed on it's own.















White lilac that I thought would have had it's bud frost killed, cause they came out so early. Looks good though.
















And happy chickens. I've gotten two of them to go to sleep in my hand. I think it's the singing.

8 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

I love all of your spring pictures!
(esp. the peeps!) What kind are they?

3:12 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

the yellow ones are Buff Orpingtons and the black ones are Plymouth Barred Rocks.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hug those chicks. Your spring photos are lovely--you have lots happening. Isn't it great we are seeing plants popping up all over the place!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It so nice to see spring shots! It is snowing here in Maine tonight. My plants would need to wear their mittens out now.
Sandy

7:36 PM  
Blogger EFB said...

it's looking very pretty. i love the shot of the field across the road. you have so much space!

so nice to see things coming back to life.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring has sprung, Da grass has riz, I wonder where da boidies is,
Da little boids is on the wing, Ain't that absoid, Da little wings is on da boid.
[my bronx? accent may be way off]

3:37 PM  
Blogger ninjasan said...

Re the Spring has sprung poem....
I learned this in primary school years ago.

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz,
I wonderz where the flowez is?
And the boid is on the wing.
Now ain't that absoid, I always tort the wing was on the boid!

It's the first day of spring here in the southern hemisphere.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia !!!!

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put 'the spring has sprung 'into oogle to see if the had the origins of the silly rhyme, and up came your blog. I have some vague recollection of Jimmy Durante quoting it in an old b/w movie but I may be wrong. I wrote a post along these lines. Nice to meet you.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home