Tuesday, June 06, 2006

This hardly ever happens

You know how you can't ever just enjoy your garden or flowerbeds? You always see the empty spots, or the stray weed, or the plant that just won't behave and spreads where it shouldn't. At least I do. I can never just look and enjoy. I always see things that I need to fix or change. Except for Sunday. Sunday I was weeding, getting ready to put down mulch and I came around the side of the house and stopped. Now it isn't the prettiest bed, and there are weeds and bare spots and things that should be moved. But for that moment I didn't see them. None of them. I just saw the color and I felt good. This pretty scene was mine, created by me and I enjoyed it for, oh, a few seconds, and then the stray weeds came back into focus and I was back at it. That hardly ever happens and it was nice.







This rose pleases me also. It is a Don Juan climbing rose. And even though it is straggly and neglected, and needs to be clipped back and retrained up the cruddy shed, it blooms it's little heart out every year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Very beautiful! Glad you got to enjoy it.

7:08 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

What a lovely garden and beautiful flowers!

12:05 PM  
Blogger EFB said...

Looks beautiful!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a good looking flowerbed. Looks very peaceful there.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure do know what you mean about "can't ever just enjoy your garden or flowerbeds". The plight of a gardener? You captured what you saw, the beautiful scene is lovely! Love that Don Juan who blooms away for you, despite neglect..(best plants aren't they, those that don't need our undivided attention).

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! I kind of like Don Juan all "unkempt" like that... if anyone raises an eyebrow just tell them that Don Juan is no match for you. Or that he has bedhead. ;)

Okay, yeah, I should go back to drinking coffee if I'm going to post comments...

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home