Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh, and I forgot...

Happy Blogiversary to me! August 16th was the one year anniversary of Edge Effect. I'm so glad I started doing this. I've met some great people that have given me great ideas and have inspired me to try new things. It gives me hope that there are so many people out there trying to tread lightly and do good works. Special thanks to my very good friend at eating for brooklyn for putting the bug in my ear about blogs. Thanks prom date!

And to celebrate my blogiversary, when I got home that evening, my chickens bestowed upon me the very first egg! And an egg after that each day! For a total of 3 so far. I think it is Claire that is laying, because she is a little testy these days. I'll have enough for an omelet or something this weekend. Stay tuned for Local Meal 8, which probably won't be posted until Sunday.

8 Comments:

Blogger EFB said...

Happy Blogiversary! It's been a joy to read over the past year. Can't wait to hear about the omelet!

2:50 PM  
Blogger KitcheView said...

Congratulations. I read a little bit, but I spend most time looking at the pretty pictures you post. ummmm his prom date i see.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

You guys were prom dates? It's cool that you've stayed in touch.

Happy Blogiversary! It's been great getting to know you this past year... I always enjoy your sense of humor, kindred spirit. :)

And congrats on the eggs! Go Claire!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Wow.. three, eh? Ella laid Wednesday and today. You'd think we just became parents the way we're doting. My husband's mom was so proud to have "grand eggs"! I look forward to seeing Ginger's eggs... I'm expecting them to be a bit larger than Ella's little ones. Ella's are little but heavy. We'll crack 'em open this weekend to check them out. No plans to eat any until she's had a week of warm-up laying. :)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary to one of my favorite bloggers! What a wonderful egg celebration! Do chickens really get testy when laying eggs? Veddy interesting. Yay for Claire and another good year of blogging.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary to ya!! Sure am glad you decided to blog, I enjoy your posts so much.
When your chickens really start to produce I might have to make the trip down to PA to buy some...would that be local?!?! =)

Go Claire Go!!!!!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I enjoy reading your blog, always something here to see, or to make me think.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Rurality said...

Happy blogiversary! Hope you have many more. :)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home