Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hot enuff for ya?

But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. One more night (hopefully) of sorta sweaty sleeping and the 2006 heat wave should be over. I went to Roots farmers market last night after work. At 95 degrees, let's just say it weren't too crowded. I bought all the ingredients for a fabulous roasted vegetable Torta Rustica. But when I got home, well it was 88 degrees int he house, and I just could not preheat the oven to 425. Maybe I'll have the courage tonight. I at least have to make pickles (the refrigerator kind, no way I'm canning in this heat) cause I bought these adorable little yellow cucmbers. They were labeled "some other kind", and were only one dollar for 1/2 peck. So stay tuned for the local meal. It may just be a picture of a beer bottle (local of course), cause that's about all I'm managing these days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

"Some other kind" - I love it!

10:17 AM  
Blogger KitcheView said...

ha ha.. "some other kind" type of stuff is my favourite. lets include wheat pasta in there too.

regarding the heat, well according to cnn it is only bound to get worst in the long run.

however, as long as winters keep getting warmer i am ok with these whole global warming situation.

everything balances out, according to one of the characters of "dead like me" series, and it looks like that is the case. there is snow in africa and the oddest weather patterns are being seeing around the world.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, it's frigid outside today at 78 degrees! We have AC and don't turn it on--people think we are nuts. Maybe we are. Yup, 88 degrees is too hot in the house for cooking. The beer sounds better.

12:42 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

78? I'd have to put on a sweater. Brrrr.... No local meal yet. Over the weekend. I'll have to cook in the morning, although it isn't supposed to be that hot this weekend.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home