Monday, October 30, 2006

Breathe....breathe...

Okay, since I seem a little stressed out, I've stolen this meme from this person and I liked it and it will take my mind of all the things piling up in my mind. Inhale....exhale.....ahem.

10 Things that make me happy

My dogs
My chickens
Fires in the woodstove
Summer
Thunderstorms
Seed catalogs
Dansko shoes
Going on vacation to the beach
Fun new hair products
Cooking for people that appreciate it

10 Famous people that make me happy

John Corbett (so. totally. hot.)
Patti Griffin
Harry Connick Jr. (also. totally. hot.)
Oprah (dunno. she just seems cool)
Martha Stewart (also a source of anxiety)
Annie Potts (?)
John Stewart
Stephen Colbert
Allison Krausse
Nigella Lawson

10 Foods that make me happy

Homegrown strawberries
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
A perfectly grilled steak
Meatloaf with my homemade tomato preserves slathered on the top
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Deep Fried Pickles
Homemade Turkey Stuffing
My chicken's eggs
Black Raspberries
Cheese

10 Smells that make me happy

roasting garlic
tidal marsh
crayons
new baby smell
homegrown strawberries
bread baking
BBQ
baked apples
Chessie's paws
that smell right before it rains

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you are not treat or treating here tomorrow. I have tons of peanut butter cups!

While I was baking bread this weekend, I thought it would be nice to add roasted garlic, so I got that ready, then forgot it. We were having that heavy wind/rain thing, too, so couldn't air out. I can still smell burnt garlic!

4:42 PM  
Blogger EFB said...

Great exercise!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your meme exercise for relaxing. A comforting meme. Tastes and smells to soothe. I would add George Clooney to the famous list--he seems half way decent for an old guy (he looks good). I wear Dansko shoes, they make me happy, too.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Mmm, Judith, George Clooney. I don't care if some people think he's gay, I think he's so. totally. hot. :)
Also, Annie Potts? I admit to laughing everytime I wonder why she made your list.

You should totally come over sometime for meatloaf, reese's and strawberries.

Hope you're feeling better!

3:31 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Remember the Annie Potts character in Pretty in Pink? She owned the record store that Molly Ringwald worked in....Wax Trax I think it was. I loved that character and totally wished I had a friend like that. I think that's why. I still smile every time I see her in things though.

And Judith, there is a DANSKO OUTLET less than an hour from me. Heehee. Danskos for half price!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

That explains it. I loved that character, too, but had forgotten about it. All I could remember with Annie Potts was Designing Women.

6:47 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

When I think of George Clooney, all I can remember is that totally dorky character he played on the Facts of Life. Remember? I just can't get past it. To me, he will always be that guy. No matter how many brilliant anti-establishment movies he makes.

9:01 AM  
Blogger wurwolf said...

Same here with the Reese's peanut butter cups. We got two bags of candy to give out just in case, but our side of the street has no sidewalks and so no trick-or-treaters. So we've got a full bag of Reese's cups -- unless my husband has eaten them all by now. :o)

Try not to put so much pressure on yourself to get things done. Life is just too short, and no matter how much you do there will always be something else needing to be done. I used to feel terrible guilt that I wasn't as good of a homemaker as my sister (whose house is spotless) until I had a kind of awakening several years ago and let that particular worry go. My house is kind of cluttered right now but as long as it's not dirty I don't care, and I feel like that's a much healthier way to live. I like your idea of a favorite things list -- I may just need to do that around Christmas time.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home