Friday, October 06, 2006

Frolicking Dogs


I know, lame post, but I did promise awhile back to have pictures of frolicking dogs and I was over at Pocket Farm and Liz has a picture of her new "brother" and it reminded me that I never posted the doggie shots.


Most of these are actually from last year. We didn't take many doggie picture this year. After all, how many picture of dogs do you need?


Such patient foofies though. They have such a good time.

Anyway, the guy I gave the rooster to called me a few days ago. He just wanted to let me know that Roo is the best rooster ever and to please come by so he can give me a big jar of honey as a thank you. He said he is friendly and likes being picked up and is just the nicest rooster they've ever had. He has turned into a lovely large rooster with a unique soprano crow. How nice is that?


Not much else is new. Today is chilly and gray and I have the overwhelming desire to make a casserole or something.

This weekend will be spent attending a housewarming, distributing campaign material for Rendell/Casey/Herr campaigns, having one of my friends over for dinner, planting a ton of bulbs, planting the rest of the trees and shrubs I have sitting around, laundry, cleaning, grocery store and starting to paint the upstairs guest room. HA! fat chance all this will get done. But I'll give it my best.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Conduct said...

Finally! :) What sweet babies. Thanks for sharing their beachy fun with us!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Not lame at all! They're so cute, especially the black and white one (don't tell them that I'm picking favorites... I just have a weakness for b&w dogs. Border collie mix?)

Great news about Roo and his new home, although he probably misses you singing to him. :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Border collie, black lab and perhaps a little pit bull. She has really wide jaws and is just a stocky dog. The other one....who knows. Some chow, maybe some golden retriever, and probably about 10 other things. Both are shelter dogs and are very very spoiled. And I do miss Roo. When I go see him, I'll see if he recognizes me and I'll sing to him a little bit if he lets me pick him up. It still works with the other chickens. A little singing if they are hanging out a little past their bedtime and they immediately go in and roost for the night.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can never really have too many pictures of your dogs, IMHO. :) Since Liz picked favorites already I must admit that I have a fondness for the brown one. Is (s)he yawning in that last picture? What a funny face!

12:23 AM  
Blogger wurwolf said...

It was a beautiful day today. I hope you were able to get some of your outdoor stuff done. We took out our air conditioners and went over to the Manheim farm show to enter my goldfish plant. The judging's tomorrow morning -- wish me luck!

Your doggies were adorable. :o)

8:35 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Yes, Emmett is yawning in that picture. I made him sit in an Adirondack chair and took a ton of pictures until I got a good one. He was getting bored I think.

Wurwolf, good luck at the judging!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say same, you can never have too many dog pictures! What beautiful dogs you have. Isn't that the greatest news about Roo! You must have been a good rooster step-mom and enabled him to put down happy crowing elsewhere. And honey as a thank you! Sounds like a nice weekend.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home