Monday, September 25, 2006

A pleasant suprise

In addition to reading the Sunday New York Times, I also read bits and pieces of my local Lancaster County newspaper. There is one liberal columnist I like (Gil Smart) and you can always count on entertaining letters to the editor. One of my recent favorites called for the internment of all the Amish cause their kids keep dying in farming accidents and their buggies get hit on the road. The person was serious. I think she also called them filthy. Anyway, imagine my suprise, when passing over the religious pages, and I saw this op-ed piece. I read it and was shocked at the content. This is gonna get a lot of letters, I thought, already looking forward to the crackpot responses from some group of Evangelicals supporting a war with Iran. Anyway, at the bottom was the web address for street prophets, a non-denominational, non-partisan site which I occasionally run across on Daily Kos. So this Pastor Dan person, one of the founding members of Street Prophets, is in my community and writes for my paper. Cool. Although this was his last column as he is relocation to another state. Hopefully they replace him with someone just as sensible.

2 Comments:

Blogger EFB said...

what was that you were saying about renewing your passport!

10:01 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Getting a passport. I don't have one. And I might need one. I've always been paranoid but for the first time in my life I feel like I may not be paranoid enough.

I'm just not sure where I would go. Canada seems cold.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home