Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm back and thoroughly rested!

I've missed you all very much. Two weeks is a long time! I need to buy a lap top. The house had free internet, so it would have been nice. I feel so behind. I don't have tons of photos to share. We've been going to the Outer Banks for so many years that there are drawer-fulls of photos of sunsets and other scenery and many, many pictures of dogs in the water. Some cool things I wish I had a picture of though:

  • a cottonmouth in Buxton Woods Maritime Forest Preserve that my husband almost stepped on.
  • the super green tree frogs that lived in our outside shower
  • the whale rid bone that we found on the beach after Florence blew through
  • the piece of a shipwreck that we found on the beach after Florence blew through (it would have made a fabulous table top, too bad it weighed so much and two of us couldn't budge it. Plus I think it is illegal to remove them on National Park Service Lands).
  • The many, many free-roaming dogs that lived in our vicinity. Morning walk time was always fun.
  • Lots of terrapins.
  • A couple stingrays
  • Pelicans flying by just a few feet above our heads

I read lots and kayaked lots and swam with dogs lots and just had a really good time. Glad to be back though.

10 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

Welcome home. It's always so nice to come home with such a positive vibe from a respite.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm glad you had a great vacation, but I'm *really* glad you're back!! :)

Sounds like a lovely time (apart from the fact that your husband nearly stepped on a poisonous snake. Close call!). I can't even imagine losing myself in another place for two weeks.

2:15 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Close call for sure, but I spotted it first and forever and forever I can say "but dude, I saved your life".

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ms. Conduct said...

Oh come on... gimme ONE dog frolicking in the water shot... pretty please? :)

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have been having a great time if you weren't hung up on pictures. Welcome back! Nothing like the salt water and sea air to take you away. Hope we see at least one pic, though. Yeah, the dogs!

8:36 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Okay, I'll put up some pictures of dogs frolicking in the water and some other stuff. I didn't bring the digital so we used my husbands Elph camera, which still had pictures on from last year. And when they were developed, the pictures from this year were almost identical to the ones from last year. Sunsets and dogs. We are way too predictable.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back, but glad you had a nice vacation! Sounds like you had a nice time, except for the snake.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing time. Glad to see you back =)

12:35 PM  
Blogger wurwolf said...

Good to have you back. Glad you had a restful time!

1:08 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Awww...it's so nice that you all welcomed me back. Thanks.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home