Friday, November 03, 2006

Down to the wire

So it's crunch time. Only a few days left. I'll be out doing lit drops this weekend and being a poll monitor on election day. What will you be doing? Volunteer to do something. Call your local committee people and volunteer to provide rides on election day to elderly people or disabled people. Anybody you know that can't get to the polls, figure out a way to get them there. Make sure everybody you know is voting. Make sure they know how important this election is. We need to put the brakes on this administration. They are gutting the Constitution. Running the country into unimaginable debt. The Iraq War was a profiteering mechanism. Now their 'friends' have made their money and like rats deserting a sinking ship (Bechtel) are jumping off. Don't buy into the 'values' meme. There is nothing moral or good about this administration. They have cloaked themselves in Christianity and are looting the treasury, destroying the middle class, hurting elderly people, hurting children, just pulling us all under. Don't let it happen! If you live in Virginia vote for Webb. George Allen is a racist, mysogynistic, hateful man and should lose. Virginia is the key to taking over the Senate! Oh sweet day! Democrats can bring this country back together! Pitch in! Do what you can. And for God's sake vote on election day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You darn right I'm voting. Thank goodness I'm within walking distance of my voting place. Can't do much volunteer work this year since I can't drive =(
TN is also a swing state and I made sure my two best buddies down there are heading out to vote too.
I'm with you..we've got to take back our country from these nut cases.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh, I cannot WAIT to vote on Tuesday, and of course be glued to the news for the rest of the day.

I've wanted to do calls with MoveOn, but you need high speed internet or a cell phone. Grrrr.

The saddest thing is that I know for sure that the progressive Dem running for senate will not be elected, as she is campaigning against Olympia Snowe, who has something like 70% approval. Most people outside Maine think she's fine because she's moderate, but she votes with the republicans all the time, except when it doesn't matter.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Thank goodness I can vote non bi-partisan. Both parties suck. I appreciate independents and the right to choose. :) Voting is good.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home