Thursday, November 16, 2006

more anxiety

So we go to pick out carpet last night for my husbands living room. Actually its a family room, but we each have a room that we call our living rooms. I have mine and I decorate it my way, he has his and decorates it his way. Weird, I know, but it keeps us married. Anyway, his living room has just been painted a brick red color and he needed carpet. I have been bugging for weeks to go pick carpet. But no. He waits. And waits. And actually thinks carpet will be installed by Thanksgiving. Hahahahaha! So after several hours of walking around different carpet stores and being shocked at the price of carpet (I never knew carpet was so expensive), we bite the bullet and purchase a really good (although pricey carpet {thank God the rest of the house is hardwood}) and sit down to talk about having it installed. I knew there was no way it would be in by the end of next week. I did not think it would take almost three weeks. So guess what it is three weeks? That's right. That party. So now on top of the anxiety of having this party I have to worry about whether I will have carpet. And on top of that, no tree can be purchased or decorated until there is carpet in that room. That is the room where the real tree goes. The main tree. I have smaller fake trees for other rooms. But that is the main tree room. Haha! So I envision having carpet installed the day before, rushing out to get a tree and staying up all night decorating it. SUPER! DUPER! LEFT ARM TINGLING!!

Check out these cute ideas I found on a Colonial Williamsburg site. Don't you just love the egg one! Although there is no way I would undertake something that tedious. I'd have to buy fake eggs. The apples on the other hand.....$1.50 at the orchard for 20 pounds of deer apples.....just might be doable.

6 Comments:

Blogger EFB said...

ok. take a deep breath! put the tree in another room. who knows maybe the carpet will be installed by then or just have it installed when the tree comes down.

1:52 PM  
Blogger wurwolf said...

The egg wreath is very cute. Very harvest-y. And I like the apple wreath as well.

It will all come together, try not to stress too much. Just throw some straw on the floor and tell everyone that this is your husband's room. ;o)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

My left arm is tingling for you. Can you wait on the carpeting until after the holidays?

Ok, you can still decorate with greenery, and like EFB said, get a smaller real tree and put it in one of the other rooms.

Love the eggs. Are you going to make topiaries, too? ;)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

I live the topiaries! Also, that I live out in the middle of nowhere, where people rarely visit. :)

8:26 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

We could wait to put the carpet in but then it would just be the ugly plywood subfloor. No hardwood in that room. It was an addition built in the 80s. No, I'm not going to attempt the topiaries, but how cute are they? Maybe someday. I'll get me some boxwoods in the spring and start em.

People rarely visit me either unless I invite them. What was I thinking? I should have waited until next year. Oh well. I'll make the best of it.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to duck and hide in this season. Although, without fail, I usually want to rearrange something or add furniture or take away furniture at this time of year and then get that dreaded delay like the carpet one you are suspended on. One year I waited for the main seating, a new sofa, to be delivered in the midst of December craziness. It never showed up on time until after my company came and went after New Year's. I had to jury rig chairs and seating and it drove me nuts. This year I need more seating in the sunroom--I gave my son the old futon sofa and the room is bare--zip, nothing. Nobody will want to crouch on the floor, so I am hoping Ikea will save me, we shall see (after Thanksgiving). I love that egg wreath! I want one! Best of all, your holiday enthusiasm is catchy.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home