Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm having a dream

I worked at the polls from 7 in the morning to 9 at night yesterday. Thanks to computer glitches in Lancaster County, a judge ruled that polls had to stay open an hour later. Polling places in our area were mobbed, exceeding turnout for Presidential elections. And then I watched coverage of election results until 1 am. So I was really tired. And I'm having this dream that Democrats handily took back the house and almost have the Senate. I don't want to wake up. I like this dream. In one fell swoop that smug f'ing look was wiped off Bush's arrogant little mug. How's that mandate lookin' now cowboy? I hope this dream lasts for awhile. I like looking at the sad little faces of the Santorum kids. Awww....daddy has to get a real job now, cause the mean people of Pennsylvania minded his attempts to destroy the middle class and gouge elderly people for their medication. And poor wittle Don Sherwood of Scranton....who could have known that having a 5 year etra-marital affair with a woman 30 years younger than you and then beating her might cause the good people of Scranton to question your commitment to family values. The only troublesome part of this dream is that shill in Connecticut. How did that happen? Anyway, just let me sleep for ten more minutes. I just want to dwell here a little bit more.

7 Comments:

Blogger EFB said...

i have to say the outcome has restored some of my faith in this country and the democratic process.

looks like all the republican gay baiting and hate mongering backfired. i hope we can get serious about real issues now!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honk, honk, honk, honk, honk!!!! The rats are beginning to leave the sinking ship. I won't feel safe until all of them are accounted for and held accountable to the lies (& more) they have told. "Visualize impeachment".

2:21 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

LET THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS BEGIN!!!!!!!!

Joy oh joy we're not all dumb as dirt!!!!!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I can't believe we had the same dream.

WOOHOO!!!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...I stayed up till 1:00 last night too. I got the best birthday present I've ever received in my life.
This morning I was watching CNN and they showed Bush in a campaign rally (before the election) tearing our new female speaker of the house a new anal cavity. They then went back to the commentator who announced "Mr. Bush is now eating crow". It was the funniest thing I'd heard in a long time.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Luckily for me, I had the crrrrrrraaaaap results in Georgia to let me know I was awake.

But what an amazing day!! :-)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I guess only time will show if we are truely heading int te right direction....

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home