Friday, November 10, 2006

Things I am already tired of

OH my, what a week. Elections, and pulled back muscles, and pink eye. GREAT. So my patience is a little thin. And I am tired of the following:

Calls for bipartisanship. From the same Republican Party that has been ANYTHING but bipartisan for the last 12 years. Since 1994 and the famed "Contract to Screw America" these bastards have been anything but 'friendly'. Last week, Americans were being warned by Republicans that a vote for Democrats was a vote for the terrorists. Hey, Dems, don't extend anything across the aisle other than your middle fingers.

Constant media bleating that really only conservative democrats won. So really there isn't anyt difference. And the liberals were once again foiled, so really it was a conservative victory. Huh-uh. No way. Only a handful of the Dems elected have espoused conservative views (Casey is one of them) and most have put forward pretty liberal leanings.

'Advice' from talking heads that there really isn't any reason to dig up more dirt and Dems should just move forward. What is the point of exposing any more corruption? It's just bad manners. Excuse my French but fuck that. There are people currently in the Bush Admnistration that committed ILLEGAL ACTs and should be in jail. Investigate away my friends. I'd rather my tax dollars be spent shining the light on unlawful acts than being handed over in a duffel bag to a Halliburton contractor in Iraq.

The glares from all my right-wing coworkers. I did not gloat. I didn't say anything to anybody on Wednesday Morning. I may have skipped past one person's office, but they're my friend. Quit shooting me dirty looks. Quit cutting off the conversation as I approach. Quit mumbling that you expect a terrorist attack any day. Quit saying the country is ruined. Just shut up. Your party lost because it is incompetent. Get over it.

I'm tired of hearing that there is no difference between parties. Nothing will change and I'm naive for thinking so. Things are the same under Bush as they were under Clinton (two people actually said this). To these people I say "Are you on drugs?". I'm sure it will make a difference to the one million people that probably won't slip below the poverty line next year. Hopefully it will make a difference to the million people a year that have slipped since Bush has been President. It will probably make a difference to the 45 million people without healthcare and will certainly make a difference to people that work 40 hours a week and still aren't making a living cause the minimum wage is a joke. Those people beg to differ.

I'm tired of my mother in law playing games every year. She's coming to Thanksgiving, she isn't coming. She doesn't want to drive all that way (32 miles!) and nobody wants to drive her (She is 53). You are an adult. Act like one. Nobody wants to drive you because you want to leave right away every year and take all my leftovers home to your alcoholic husband. I can say this because there isn't a chance in hell she'll ever read it. I'm brave like that.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, those Repubs. are all eating crow and scrambling to make nice with the Dems. now.
Hopefully the Dems. will show through their actions the way this country needs to be run. Hopefully all the Repub. slamming and nastiness is over with. Hopefully we'll now bring our troops home.
I've been enjoying seeing Bush squirm for once and back pedalling like a made monkey.

11:39 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

He isn't squirming enough. Make friends, make friends....meanwhile they are still trying to sneak in a Bolton confirmation. Such creeps.

12:35 PM  
Blogger EFB said...

the republicans and their friends at fox are spinning big time, but getting nowhere.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

When they talk about how "bad" things were under Clinton, my hubby likes to say, "Yeah, I was getting really tired of all that peace and prosperity!" Heh.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Maybe you need to read this. :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Thanks Liz. For a drizzly cold monday morning, that made me laugh out loud. There are a bunch of people I'd like to say that to.

And yeah, things were so very bad under Clinton. All we had to worry about was a blue dress. See the column that Liz posted and say that to the next person that suggests the Clinton years were awful.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home