Friday, November 18, 2005

Kibbles and bits

Just some random things before wrapping it up for the weekend. I ordered by turkey today, from the farm near me that raises free-range, organic birds. This very 'dutchy' woman answered the phone and told me all about their farm and how they also have free range chickens and eggs, and raw milk, and cheese and sour cream, and cream, and yogurt. I pick up my turkey on Tuesday and am very excited to go see this farm. It's gonna be an 'local' thanksgiving. I wonder how many other things I can get that are local.? If I start this weekend, I bet I can assemble all but cranberries and pecans.

I went to lunch with an ex-coworker and his wife and baby today. Their son is almost a year and a half and is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. When I see this kid I swear I can feel myself ovulating. They asked if I was currently on or off the baby wagon....and up until I saw their kid, it was definitely off. Now my head is all fuzzy and I just don't know. I suggested that I could could just take theirs and they can make a new one, but they didn't go for it. If I was guaranteed to have a kid just like that I'd start trying right away. Maybe when cloning gets a little further along.

I started a new book last night. Alice Hoffman "Here on Earth". I am routinely swayed by the old "Oprah Book Club" selection and am almost alway disappointed. A really, really good book I read awhile ago that I want to read again is 'Evidence of Things Unseen' by Marianne Wiggins. I tore through that book even though I knew that I didn't want it to end. Excellent.

Is anyone else being sent seed catalogs already? I've already gotten a Stokes and a Pine Tree Hill or Pine Cone Hill catalog in the last few days. Isn't it a little early? Maybe they think people will give seeds as Christmas gifts. Anyway....off towards the weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

They don't grow cranberries in PA? I know you can do that for your local Thanksgiving. Think of it as a challenge. ;)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

And by "do that" I mean "get some".

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am receiving exact same seed catalogs you are & I thought it was early too. Your turkey sounds good & buying local is superb--I pick my turkey up on Tuesday too...happy thanksgiving

11:26 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

I have never seen cranberries here in anything other than an ocean spray bag. I know they grow them in Jersey. Does that count as local? I will try to track them down.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home