Wednesday, November 09, 2005

warm fuzzies

Most of the election results in the country gave me warm fuzzies. The exception being of course the Texas referendum that aimed to make gay marriage unconstitutional and may end up making all marriage in that state illegal. I've never been to Texas and I don't think I ever will go there. It seems strange. I think we should give it back to Mexico. Kudos to sensible Mainers for killing their anti-gay marriage referendum. And super Yahoos to Dover for kicking out the flatearthers on the school board and voting in a whole slew of democrats that realize intelligent design is not science. Lots of democrats were voted in this election. I just hope the momentum can last until next year. And even to the next presidential election. I guess the Kool Aid has done run out and people are starting to wake up to the mess that these wing nuts have wrought. Hopefully nobody out there is mixing up more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Who wants to go to Texas anyway?
The hateful in Maine are already regrouping for next year's election: they want to ban gay marriage. They don't waste any time at all.

My hope is that things keep moving in a more positive direction, and we give them a good bitch slap next Nov. (that's not very positive, is it?)

10:17 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

I think people are finally realizing that gay marriage isn't what's going to make their health care rise 400% and raise their taxes and take away Head Start and keep us at a permanent state of war. The diversionary tactic of rolling out gay marriage at election time is finally starting to wear thin. I hope. And it's hard to be positive when so much horrific stuff is happening. I really do want to give Santorum a bitch slap next November.

1:29 PM  
Blogger EFB said...

i think you're right. they exploit a tiny minority to win votes. it's pretty scary. at least the people of maine voted it down.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home