Thursday, February 16, 2006

Game cam

Check out Rurality if you haven't, and see the totally cool posts about her game cam. It's a camera that you set up in your yard and it takes pictures at night without scaring away whatever critters are around. She's seen bobcats and coyotes and deer and raccoons. I would love to have one but I don't think I would see much. I would love to have a raccoon, but I think we would only see barn cats from the neighboring farms and maybe a deer or two. One morning I think I did see a coyote though. It was early, and it crept along the woodline at the top of the yard. It was larger than a fox and totally the wrong color. It looked really mangy though. I know that they are around because occasionally we see them dead along the roadway. There are probably foxes around here too, but I've never seen one. There is a burrow up at the corner of the yard but I don't know what lives in it. It would be nice if it were a fox den.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really is a great idea. I just visited, as you suggested. You most likely did see a coyote. With our dogs around, I think it keeps some of the critters away?

12:17 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

That could be it. I kind of live on an island. We're surrounded by large areas of fields with pretty much no cover until you get to our yard, so I think that's why we don't have much, but the smell of dogs probably contributes.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home