Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Spring so far


















Poet's daffodils are probably almost as fragrant as Lilacs. I love them and they are worth waiting for, blooming very late. As cut flowers, they last a really long time, and make the whole room smell spicy. I will definitely buy more for next year.









Hosta in Sweet Woodruff.















The farm behind us.















Rapidly growing chickens. Thrilled to be loose a few hours a day.














Barley fields behind us















My garden so far. The only thing visible is garlic, and maybe some peas if you enlarge it and look really close.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Where you live is so beautiful! And those Poet's daffodils are my favorite. Must plant more...

7:04 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

I do need to plant more. I'm thinking a huge row just under the bedroom windows for next year. They just smell so good.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you have me adding Poet's daffodils to the list. To read they are almost as fragrant as lilacs has my nose very curious. Look at those chicks grow! Your garden looks great!

6:20 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

If you pick a bunch and bring them in the house they will perfume an entire room. They have a very spicy scent that I can't adequately describe. The closest thing in my mind would be Old Spice aftershave.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home