Monday, November 20, 2006

Got pumpkin?

I do. Lots of it. I roasted two pumpkins yesterday in preparation for Thanksgiving and ended with a lotta lotta pumpkin. I make a pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin pie for dinner, a pumpkin pie for each family unit to take home, and I usually give some away to co-workers. And I still have three pumpkins on the porch to roast.

My lists are made and I'm only a little stressed out. I won't be getting much sleep these next few days, but by Thursday morning the whole house should be clean, a guest room will have been competely redone, and most everything will have been cooked but the potatoes and the bird.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you do have pumpkin! Save some for your freezer, too.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, and next year, assign dishes to everyone coming so that you can relax a little.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

You amaze me, you domestic goddess. ;)
Have a wonderful holiday and don't forget to drink liberally! :)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

I can smell the pumpkin from here! WOW!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

I do, I do! Have you frozen it, as suggested by Sandy? I assume just cook and freeze. Simple pumpkin pie was what I went with.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home