Monday, December 18, 2006

hard to believe its December



Hard to believe it is almost Christmas. It was in the mid 60s here yesterday and will be again today. Working outside at the end of December and being warm in a sweatshirt is strange. But I'm not complaining. Doggies and I went for a long walk and it was just lovely to be outside and feeling like its spring.





The chickens had two long days of free ranging and enjoyed every minute of it. I think I can almost see them smile when they emerge in the morning and it is balmy instead of biting cold. Poor little chooks. It'll arrive eventually.














Little Roy is doing so well. And I think he already feels normal again. I learned how to give shots on Friday and was really exepcting a disaster. I don't like needles. Cats are slippery. And I have to give him a shot every 12 hours. But he absolutely doesn't care. I give him the shot while he is eating and he doesn't even flinch. And I'm a pro already. It is part of our routine now. I'm only worried about having to be away for work or vacation now. No more leaving a bowl of food and water for the cat for an overnight. He'll have to go to the kennel with the dogs.














The bird feeders aren't very busy. There are always birds, but it isn't like the bitter cold winter days of past year. You can see clouds of insects (not sure what they are) as you walk through the yard, and the chickens easily pluck big grubs from the lawn that must be coming near the surface because of the warmth. Nobody really needs birdseed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the cat is doing well. What a pretty color he is.

We are still having way above average weather up here. One of these days we are going to get blasted, I am sure. No storms expected for us this week, anyway.

5:11 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

That is what we are expecting as well. It will get horribly cold very fast, with little or no transition.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Santa on your porch...what did you say your address was?!?! I'm also happy to hear Roy is doing so well, I knew you could give those injections...they're just tiny needles.
Also, the view of the area surrounding your home reminds me of Virginia. It was nice to see it. It's finally getting chilly here...finally feels like the holidays.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Roy is feeling better! He looks like such a sweetheart. :)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

What a sweet face on that Roy! Congratulations on your new medical skills. I would have been worried too.

11:37 PM  
Blogger wurwolf said...

It seems that with very little training, anyone can become a nurse! Just kidding, but I am in awe of your mad needle skillz. I really don't think I could be that brave but you do what you have to do, I guess.

I love the Santa -- very cute!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home