Friday, January 05, 2007

how cute are these?


I love vintage seed packets. Love them. I would so rather have a lovely drawing than a photograph. On the seed packets that is. Not in the catalog. You do need a photo at some point along the way. I collect them when I come across them, with the intention of someday framing a decent quantity. They are small, and would look awkward if not presented in a large grouping, so it might take awhile. Until....... in my travels to seek out new and exciting seed catalogs, I came across D. Landreth Seeds , touting itself as the oldest seed house in America. If you scroll down to the bottom of the first page, you will see that these vintage seed packets are available as blank notecards. A set of twelve notecards that are 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 inches in size (perfect for framing) is $8.00. There is a entirely flower set, a vegetable set, and a combo set.

Or, if you want to order the actual seed packets, they have those as well. A little more expesive and only available in limitied quantities. I love these. They should make poster sized replicas. Or fabric. I would love a barn jacket made of fabric with tons of little vintage seed packets all over it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my friends does have four vintage packets matted and framed in her entry hall. Looks good, and she isn't even a gardener!

5:08 PM  
Blogger wurwolf said...

Very pretty. Those nasturtiums look so yummy! :o)

5:17 PM  
Blogger annulla said...

I think the packets look wonderful, and I'm not a gardener, either. Great find. Those designs would be great on porcelain tiles.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

came upon your blog through DigInDirt! i love vintage seed packets as well and that company is one of my favorites!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home