Monday, November 21, 2005

Does this sound disgusting?

I'm looking for a new cranberry relish recipe. The one I use, while good, is also very sweet, and I'm a little tired of it. I did a web search and came across this one. It is definitely different and looks good to me for some reason. Although it looks good for turkey sandwiches the next day. has anyone tried this and have they like it. It is famous as it is called "Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish" and is read on NPR every holiday season.

2 cups whole cranberries, washed
1 small onion
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons horseradish

Grind berries and onions together to get a coarse mix and add remainng ingredients. The recipe also calls for it to be frozen and thawed out the day of, so it has little ice crystals in it. I think I would skip that part. So what say you? Would you turn up your nose or would you try it. NPR had a picture of it and it isn't pretty. They called it Pepto Bismol pink. Maybe this and something else resembling a traditional cranberry sauce.

2 Comments:

Blogger EFB said...

Can't say it's speaking to me. :) Maybe you could try to make a little bit beforehand and test it out. Maybe it's one of those weird things that works.

4:15 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Maybe. If I have leftovers, maybe I'll make some for myself and see if it's gross. I'm curious about it just because it looks so wrong. I'll let you know.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home